So...here at the VanBebber's this year we are raising pigs for yummy HAM! Ham is about the only meat that I can stand eating anymore. I get yucky when I eat beef, and chicken. Pork and Salmon have to be my favorite and if I could raise salmon, I totally would. We have 3 pigs that are just about ready to butcher and 2 smaller ones that won't be ready for another month or so. I can't wait to get rid of them, because they eat so much and they stink so bad. It's been fun having them, because Justy is just old enough she can go out with Dad and help feed. Next year hopefully we'll add chickens and cows to our lil' farm.

The horses are for our enjoyment. We have 3 at the moment. Mine was being a lil' camera shy. You can see her over to the left yawning. I got her when I turned 17. Dad thought I needed her instead of a car. I used to LOVE riding. My horse bucked me off one time and lucky I landed on my feet. That's where she gets the name, Bucky! The white one is a pasafino (sp?) We got him for free from a lady who wanted to put him down just because he had too much energy for her. She was 65 years old and she couldn't handle him. So, Jason had to go out and ride him for her and if she thought they got a long, he was ours. Jason got him and rode him like a pro. They lady swore up and down that Jason would have a lil' rodeo, but all he did was hop up and down and Jason stuck his arm in the air and said, "Yee HAW! Is that all he's got?" He wouldn't mind having a little rodeo now and then. He used to Saddle Bronc until he broke his elbow. His name is Llano. The others name is Whiskey. He's Jason's buddy. He's had him for quite awhile and we've had many offers from people who wanted to buy him, but Jason just can't sell him. What a joy to have enough property we can keep our animals here. I love watching Jason shoe horses in the summer. Not only is it HOT :o), but it's neat to watch how good he is at it. Sometimes if Justy is lucky he puts her on the back of one and walks it around the yard. We are still looking for a mellow horse for her. Well...there ya go. We got an Oink oink here and a nay nay there. :o)

2 comments:
Marty wants to know if Jason has gotten a deer yet? You'll have to post pictures when he does, if he hasn't yet. Happy Hunting :)
Another question: I looked at Brian's blog and I almost cried when I saw the picture of his dog that tried to eat the porcupine. So, I need to know if the dog is okay? Did Brian have to pull all of those quills out? That looks so sad!
Post a Comment