Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Here we go again....

"When I was 12, I went hunting with my dad. We shot a deer. He was laying there and something struck me. Why do we call this fun to kill this creature who was as happy as I was when I woke this morning."




Yes, here we go again. I'm officially a widow starting tonight. "Why tonight, when the season doesn't open til tomorrow?" You ask. Well...you see...the hunter has to go out the night before to make sure no one is on their turf. And if they are, then they need a new plan. Yes, it's that serious folks. Starting at the butt crack of dawn, my cute lil' husband is gonna be hiking his ass off for the next few days. And me? ME!? I get to sit at home wondering when he's gonna show up with his BIG MIGHTY DEER! Oh yes...then I have to put up with all his buddies coming over. All of them standing around with there hands in there pockets, giving praises and whoo ha's. *lol* Any woman can pray that BIG CHEIF finds his BIG MIGHTY DEER the first day that hunting season opens. Well...yes, it would be nice if they stayed home after that. But it doesn't work that way. No no no..."Honey, aren't you gonna stay home now?" "No, of course not. I've got to go brush for my friends and help them find there BIG BUCK!" You all may think that I sound negative here, but it's rather funny to me how men act around this time of season. Jason swears we will never get pregnant in January, because then it would fall into hunting season and WE can't miss that! O'well...I guess I can look forward to my bouqet of flowers and lots of shopping money. Yes, that's why I LOVE hunting season. I get flowers for Valentine's Day, Anniversary, and Hunting Season! What a guy! If any hunters are reading this, then GOOD luck! I hope you get the BIG BUCK of your dreams. I'll be sure to post some pictures of Jason's, if he gets one. Oh...please let him get one. ERICA OUT!

2 comments:

Monica Lifferth said...

Tell Jason good luck. Maybe you should go on vacation or something. Girls week out while Jason is out galavanting in the mountains. Talk to Mindy about the September baby. She planned it just right. :)

All About M.E.('s) said...

Darn right I did! But, now the joke is on Maya who is going to have all of her birthday parties in the trailer sometime between the morning hunt and the evening hunt. Yes, mountain parties, complete with a plethora of dead deer hanging in the trees for decoration :).