Tuesday, April 29, 2008

TTA...favorite places to go in my hometown...*lol*

Ok...have you been to my hometown? Then you know there is not a whole lot to do. So...My favorite place to grab lunch is at home...I cook it and set it all up on my coffee table, sit down and watch "A Baby Story" or "Bringing Baby Home". Good stuff and i'm a pretty good cook.

Favorite place for date night--Well...at home? *lol* No...Jason and I usually drive an hour to go on our dates going to Texas Roadhouse and/or a movie. I'm just happy staying at home though eating a good meal and watching tv together.

Favorite place to pick up creative goodies--Allen Drug! YES! *lol* It truly does have a lot of stuff, and I get all my yarn there. Plus I get to visit with my Auntie when I go there. Daisy Hollow if you want the already made creative stuff. They've got some cute stuff, but expensive.

Favorite place to keep the kid busy--Uh...that would be with Grandpa Dave or Grandma Marva. I just call them up and they usually are excited to take her for the day. Dad takes her up to the ranch and she gets to help dig post holes or drive the tractor. Grandma Marva spoils her rotten and usually lets her do things that I would NEVER let her do at home. :o)

Favorite place to get wet--That would be my tub...yes...you can find me there almost every afternoon soaking for an hour reading a book...I won't be caught dead in the local pool or even a public. I guess i'm weird that way! YUCK!

Favorite place to buy a treat--Good ole' Thomas Market...Or they lil' sno-cone place in front of Thomas' in the summer.

Favorite place to shop for fun--Um...Allen Drug?

Favorite place to get some fresh air--Out my front door is nice...or up to the family ranch.

Favorite place to splurge--In the comfort of my own home shopping on the internet...HA!

Favorite place to drive for a weekend away--We don't go too many places, but we love going on drives. Anywhere here, really. Just follow one of the back roads and it usually takes you somewhere beautiful!

So...there ya go. Not very interesting. But it's my life, and I love it. I wasn't going to do this post, but I thought it'd be funny for others to see. Have a great week! *HUGS*

6 comments:

Monica Lifferth said...

YOu crack me up. Oh, the joys of a small town. I think it sounds lovely!

sweet nectar sara said...

Good stuff. Some personalities (like me) would still be "boring" like that even if you live in a bigger town, notice I didn't even do the post. Sometimes content is all you need.

Smiley Family said...

I think the simplicity of small town life sounds so...simple? Really, I think I have too many choices. It takes forever sometimes to decide where to go for dinner. Having limited choices would certainly make things easier. Sounds GREAT! Good post:)

Anonymous said...

I love allen drug!! Can I getta Whoot Whoot!!

The Lund Five said...

I have really loved going to small towns. I really love the country feel and I would love to live in a town like that. I think that is why I like Herriman so much. It has the small town feel even though it's not really a small town.

Katherine said...

I love to read your TTA every week. I would love to adopt the idea but don't know if I would have anything interesting to write.