
This one is one my sister made. It's filled with all her favorite recipes. It was given to me for my birthday and I LOVE IT! She is crafty. If you are curious as to how crafty she is, just go to her page, and see the different things that she's amazing at.
This blanket was actually crocheted by me...believe it or not. I got on a lil' kick a few years ago and crocheted a butt load of blankets and GAVE THEM ALL AWAY! I still wonder why the heck I didn't keep any for me. O'well...I guess that's an excuse to make more. If I can remember how. My best friend, Kathy, taught me how to do it. It was fun and they are the cutest blankets.

This one of the first quilts my Grandma Colton made me. She does such an awesome job, and is always doing a project for a wedding or a new baby. I think she gave me this one for my 16th birthday. I've got lots more.
This one was made for me by my Grandpa Colton. The older he got the more of these he made and he made LOTS. I am so happy to have a bunch of these in my possession, because he isn't doing them anymore. It's amazing to see how many people have them too. I was cleaning a house and dusting her knick knacks and there on her shelf were 3 of my Grandpa's creations. It made me happy that so many people got to see my Grandpa's talent! Sometimes he'd sit there and explain to you how he made it and he could always pick out the mistakes, but they are all perfect to me, and they will be treasured!!!
Last but not least, is something I was so EXCITED to recieve! It was painted by my very talented brother in law, Aaron. He sells a lot of his paintings, but I was so happy that this one didn't sell...to tell you the truth it was one my favorite's on his website. It always amazes me that people can draw and paint so well. I can barely draw a stick person. Thank you, Aaron, for my amazing gift!
Like I said before I could go on and on of all the different things family members, and friends have made for me. Some I looked for to take pictures of but a lot are in storage or in my cedar chest that is still at my Dads. Hope you enjoyed this and if you want to do a TTA, go right ahead. I'm getting my ideas from Sara!



9 comments:
What a fun idea! I think I might have to try that. Is Sara the creator of the topic? Tell her to post her topic on Monday, so we can all follow along on Tuesday.
Cute post, thanks for posting the book. You are sweet. And by the way, I never got one of those blankets. *sniffles* YOu need to get busy on little VanB!
No, Sara got it from someone else. Don't know who? I thought it was a great idea too.
Found it. The link is on my favorite link list. :o)
That is a good idea. I think I may try it also. I am always looking for things to post on. I love the blanket that you crochet. I love to see the talents of others.
Handmade is the BEST! Those are definitely my favorite gifts to give and receive. My parents also have one of your grandpa's creations, it is beautiful. Great post:)
I am so glad I found the TTA site. I don't know the ladies, but they said they don't care who joins in on the fun. They post the new topic on Fridays so that you can have a few days to think about it before Tuesday. Fun Stuff!
P.S. to those interested: if you want the ladies to put a link to your blog on the TTA blog, they will, just let them know you'd like to participate.
THose gifts are priceless. I agree, handmade gifts are the best. The blanket you crocheted is beautiful. I have attempted to learn to knit and crochet in the past and I bombed miserably. Anyway, fabulous post!
Great post idea! You need to crochet a blanket for the baby, now that you are a pro at it.
Post a Comment