Monday, March 8, 2010

Treats and Other Things

This past weekend I wanted to be adventerous, so I decided to make a recipe from The Pioneer Woman blog.  And am I SO HAPPY that I did!  I made her Apple Fritters recipe and you can find it here.  They were the tastiest and pretty easy to make.  I loved them with the glaze on them, but McCoy preferred them with nothing on them.  I think he ate about 5 that morning.  Justy didn't really care for them, and Jason said he didn't expect them to be so yummy.  I LOVED THEM!  I ate about 10!  :o)  Ha...JK...maybe?  Anyway...I think you should try them if you want to change it up a little bit for Saturday or Sunday breakfast.  Here's a few of the picture that I took of mine.  They don't compare to Ree's pictures.
 
Oh yes...these babies are deep fried.  Just how I like them.

 
You can see the bottom ones are glazed, but I ran out of glaze so I sprinkled
powdered sugar on the rest.  

If you happen to try them, let me know.  I'd like to see what you think about them.  And, if you haven't been to Ree's blog then I think you should.  She not only does recipes, but she does cute stories about her life and is always having fun contest.

On another note...my kids are growing.  BIG TIME!  Here's a couple pictures to prove it.

 
This picture cracks me UP!  Justy would kill me if she knew I posted it.
She is always making funny faces now when I pull out the camera.  Coy's expression is classic.  He is wondering what the heck his crazy sister is doing. 
 
And here's Mr. Coy.  I took this one of him today.  He is the funniest little guy.  
He is talking so much lately and just a busy BUSY boy.  
 He's been sick for the last month or so, so it's nice to have my crazy boy back 

Will someone please tell me how to stop my kids from growing so fast?
Have a great week!!!!!

*HUGS*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look sooooo YUMMY!!! Thanks for sharing :) I love to try new recipes!!

Monica Lifferth said...

Yeah, I wish I could just push pause occasionally and enjoy my little children a little longer. I just mentioned to Aaron today how tall Ben is getting. Sad. Nice post!

Teauna said...

ummmmm.... those look really good! And I love the pictures of your kids! What cuties! They do grow up so fast. Bradey just turned 11 a couple weeks ago and it seems like just yesterday he was a little baby... I miss those days, however look forward to our many future adventures :-)

Mandi Ward said...

those look yummy, i will have to try them. cute kids as always.

Anonymous said...

Yummy Yummy... your kiddos are delicious as well lol

Smiley Family said...

Those do look delicious and I would totally try them if fried foods didn't give me horrendous heart burn right now - just another fun pregnancy side effect! Did Justy get a haircut? She looks so grown up! Cute, cute kids.