Monday, February 22, 2010

Things I'm Loving

Time again for the things I'm loving this month.  It's been a rough month.  Blah!  I can NOT wait for spring to get here.  This has been one crappy winter for sickness. 

So first off let's start off with Motrin for infants...oh yes...my life would be HELL without it.  I love that it really does work for 8 hours.  McCoy had a fever for 3 days and this was probably the best out of all that I tried.  Thank you Motrin for making my life just a little bit easier...not a lot, but a little.
E.L.F products!  You need to go here if you want a great deal on great make up.  I got me mascara, eye shadow, lip gloss, blush, and small applicator brush all for $9.50.  I really like it too.  I'm not big on make up, so the cheaper the better.
I baked bread again today and I tried a new recipe.  It's for Honey Wheat bread and it is to DIE for.  It was moist and just the right amount of sweetness.  I will for sure be making this again.  You can find the recipe here.  I'm sure you'll love it just as much as I do.
Ok...I LOVE my Nintendo DS, and I get excited when I get new games.  I don't know why I love them so much?  Maybe because I didn't have anything like this as a child so i'm making up for it now.  Maybe?  :o)  My new favorite game is Luigi and Mario, Bowser's Inside Story.  I passed it, and I hardly ever pass games.  It was a lot of fun and intense.  So, if you like games then I think you should try it.  Not a good game for anyone who can't read, because there is lots of reading.
Speaking of reading, I just got done reading Before The Storm by Diane Chamberlain.  I really enjoyed it.  I've read a couple of her other books, and she's a very good author. 
I've read 6 books so far this year, so I think i'm going at a pretty good rate for my 50 books in a year goal...we'll see.  I really wish all the books I read they would make a movie out of.  I always like to see who they pick for the characters.  I'm very excited they turned 2 Nicholas Sparks books into movies this year.

Have you ever heard of Bountiful Baskets?  Well if not, then you are missing out.  Every other week these people bring a big ole' load of fresh produce to different towns and you get a big basket full of it for only $16.50.  I've done it 2 times now and I can't believe how much fresh stuff I get.  The first time I didn't know what to do with all the stuff, but now I think I can find something to do with everything.  You have the option of adding breads and other things.  I think it's a great deal.  They deliver to a lot of places, so take a look here to see if they come to your town.
And last but not least, I took this picture of my lil' man while he was sleeping.  That's been one of the perks of him being sick, is that Daddy and I get lots of "cuddy" time in.  He's a big time cuddle bug when he's not feeling good.  I love it and have been taking advantage of it.  Pretty soon he won't want to cuddle at all.  *sigh*
Hope you enjoyed this months version of "Things I'm Loving".

*hugs*
 

9 comments:

Teauna said...

I'm gonna look at that makeup! I don't wear alot, but I have alot:-) And also...the Bountiful Basket is AMAZING! I get mine again this weekend. And I can't wait! I added the asian basket too. So, hopefully I'll be making some eggrolls and asian recipes next week... mmmmmMMMMM... and your bread looks so so so good. My family would love it!

sweet nectar sara said...

I'm on my 3rd & 4th books this year, I guess I better hurry to catch up!
And my husband won't go see the Nicholas Sparks movies with me, you wanna go?

Monica Lifferth said...

6 Books! Wow! I wish I had that much time. I love reading. Great post. Why haven't you told me about this makeup before? Trouble Missy.

Camille said...

I love your post! Your bread looks perfect and I'm going to make some! Have you ever read the Fabelhaven series? I just finished the first book and started the 2nd today.

Anushka said...

I can't believe you got it done so fast! I wish I had your gift of writing... super! and pretty interesting, what it is most interesting is that my little TW is not a little girl anymore she is now a Wife, Mother and a great woman!... Love reading it and learning more and more about *to me* all about my little
TW. Love you! Mama

2tontansy said...

Thank you for the bread recipe, I will definitely be trying it out. I grew up eating whole wheat bread, and this recipe reminds me of my Mom's that she used. Hopefully this spring will be much better for your whole little family without all the sickness. I know I can't wait to turn my kids out in the yard...

Katherine said...

Your bread looks scrumptious. I love Bountiful Basket. I missed it last time. I love you "Things I love"

Mandi Ward said...

I just ordered some of that makeup and it is suppose to be here saturday, i cant wait. I havent tried bountiful baskets but have wanted to. now that i have seen what you can get i just might put forth a bigger effort to go.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Thanks for all the great info. I'm going to have to check out the bountiful baskets! Your bread looks so pretty and delicious! Mmmmm.