Wednesday, January 21, 2009

6 months and raspberry jam :o)

Can you believe he's 6 months? I sure as heck can't! It's gone so fast. He's growing like a weed. He was 19 lbs 6 oz. and is in the 81%. And he's 28.5 inches and in the 97%! The Dr. couldn't believe how tall he is. Said he's as tall as an average 9-10 month old. Awesome. He'll be tall just like Daddy. He's sitting up now, but still falling over quite a bit. He's almost got the hang of it. When dad gets home from work and says Hi...Coy says something back that sounds similar to Hey. *lol* It's probably our imagination. He rolls from one end of the room to the other. He laughs at me a lot...not sure why? Probably cause i'm just funny looking. And he's still breastfeeding. It's getting more and more rough! Don't know how much longer I can do it. He's loving the solids. We got him a walker yesterday and he's almost got it figured out. He's teething, but hasn't been too bad yet. He's actually been a lot more pleasant. He even let Mom help Jamie and Deb make raspberry jam. Raspberry jam in January? Yes! My mother in law, Deb, froze all her raspberries from this summer and we got them all out and made LOTS of jam. It's so good. Now I know how to do it and it's really not that hard. Justy's been busy with school and piano. She loves to help me out with McCoy. She sometimes gets to feed him his dinner at night and they both love that. Plus it gives me a little break. It's so cute to see how much McCoy loves her.



Our nights usually consist of Justy and McCoy playing on the floor.

Don't be fooled...he's mostly just chewing on the bottle. Jason had him for a few hours last Saturday while I cleaned Grandma's house. I think he did drink 2 oz's out of it. Maybe it's a start?!


Here's Coy chewing on the strings on my hoodie. He loves doing that.


Deb, McCoy, and Jamie.


And the yummy jam.

11 comments:

Krishel said...

Super cute pictures! Hes getting so big! Time for another :)

Amber said...

Yummy! You can send me one of those jars of raspberries anytime you want to!!! j/k :) McCoy is so adorable! I can't believe how tall he is! Wish I could meet him in person :(

Monica Lifferth said...

Both of your kids are so cute! I love Coy's red hair and blue eyes. I could only dream of having a red headed baby. REally! I love it. And seriously, I think it would be very nice of you to share your jam.

Jaime And Tyrell said...

I love his blue eyes so cute. I wish i had frozen strawberries cause our strawberry jam is gone and I love it!!

Mandi Ward said...

He is so a mini Jason, just like mine is a mini Jedd. What's up with that. We do 95% of the work and they don't really look like their moms. Still cute though.

Janita said...

Such a cutie! Jackson is 6 mos on Friday - you are right about how quickly time just flies by!! The jam looks way yummy :)

Matt and Penny said...

I'm suprised the hair is still so red. I thought it would darken up a little. So who in this town teaches piano? Truman wants to try it out. I'm set to private so email me and let me know if you have a minute.
mattjacobsen_3@hotmail.com
Thanks

Anushka said...

Oh wow! TW our little MC is growing sooo fast! I HOPE we can take a short trip and see you.. I sure miss you! Justy looks so cute by her little brother and so sweet to help Mom taking care of her little brother.. she is so sweet. And.... wow looking at those bottles of Rasberry jam bring lots of memories.. enjoy it and with that delicious bread you make hm hm and hm!.. Beautiful little ones.. enjoy every second with them and thank you for sharing your pictures with us. Besos.. Mama

Unknown said...

Erica, You don't know how much pictures mean to me while I am away. Love all of them. My favorites are the ones of McCoy with the hat in the carrier (reminds me of the one of Ben while I was in Iraq)and Justice dancing in the snow. Love Dad

The Thompson's said...

Erica, your kids are so cute. My son's hair was the exact same color as his when he was that little, and as you can see in our blog, it hasn't changed a bit. Well hope you don't mind that I peeked at your blog! Hilarie (Daniels) Thompson

Anonymous said...

I LOVE homemade raspberry jam... McCoy is so cute, I can't beleive how big he is getting. I love his big blue eyes.