Monday, January 11, 2010

A day for cookie baking

Today was a good day for baking cookies.  So that is exactly what I did...chocolate chip cookies.  One of the many things to make my husband smile when he gets home.  ;o)



 Want the recipe?  Here ya go.  It's one of our favorites!  I got it from my sis, Monica.  Thank you!!

1 1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. butter softened
2 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
5 c. flour
bag of chocolate chips



Cream your shortening and butter together, then add sugars.  Mix it really good.  Then add eggs and vanilla.  Stir in dry ingredients and add a bag of your favorite chocolate chips.  Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.  SO YUMMY!  It makes a butt load.

 

8 comments:

Mandi Ward said...

Hey where is my plate of cookies :)

All About M.E.('s) said...

Oh no! Not the secret family CC cookie recipe. Haha. They are delicious!!

sweet nectar sara said...

mmmm. i made some last week and added PB chips too! HOLY! i don't know why i'd never done that before - they were delish.
glad you're back, although i haven't done as much lately either.... i blame facebook.

Smiley Family said...

Hmmm, that recipe looks familiar ;o) They really are the best, nothing better. I'd make a batch myself if my husband weren't on a diet. He is killing my desire to bake!

Monica Lifferth said...

YOur picture looks great. Nice photo taking. I think you should edit to add that this recipe comes from my wonderful mother-in-law Marilyn. She would say that it wasn't hers originally. That is what is great about recipes. They get passed on and on. Love you!

Anushka said...

All I can say is *OH WOW* love it TW... this is great and you truly amaze me. You have great gifts from FH and seeing you use them makes me so very happy. I sure love you! your Mama

Teauna said...

Erica! I'm gonna try these out! They sound good and Mike LOVES chocolate chip cookies... and as you already know- I'm a chocolate chip cookie snob, so I'll be using Nestle Toll House mini chocolate chips:-) Thanks!

The Orr Family said...

I tried these, I loved them! thanks.