
This past weekend was a BIG weekend for our family. My daughter, Justy, was baptized by Jason, and confirmed a member of the church my her Grandpa, Dave. What a privelage for me to witness all that. My heart was overflowing with love and pride. My dad blessed Justy when she was 3 months old, so it was neat to hear what he had to say when she is 8. It was also great to watch the Man that I married baptize her. Jason and I have been through so much and if you would have asked me 2 years ago that this day would happen, I would have laughed at you or cried. :o) Sunday my baby boy was blessed by his Daddy. Another moment of so much love. Jason gave an awesome blessing. McCoy did so good and he looked so adorable. I have so much love for my kids. I was so happy to have done that in those 2 days. My daughter means the world to me and without her life just wouldn't be the same. And I can't believe how much love one lil' man can bring into the world. I love him so much! I am so grateful that Jason worked so hard to get to the place where he could both baptize and bless our kids. It means a lot to me. I am so happy Jason gave me that 2nd chance, and that he listened to that small voice telling him to give me that 2nd chance. I don't know where I would be today if he wasn't in my life. He means the world to me. He does so much for our family by working hard, showing us all his love and just being the funny guy that he is.
If you would have told me 10 years ago that family is the FOREMOST important thing anyone can have, I would have pretended to agree with you. I was a stubborn brat back then...I guess I still can be. My family has always been there for me through thick and thin. I know my sister is just a phone call away. She's always ready to listen to my drama or something I have to complain about and I'm grateful for all her imput. I was happy to have my entire family there with me during this important weekend. My dad, mom, brother and sister. Having Brian there meant a lot to me and I hope he knows that. I'm grateful for my grandparents, aunts and uncles, and all my cousins. I've always told my Grandma and Aunt that they are my 2nd and 3rd Mom's. They've always been here for me and do a lot for me. I always tell people how lucky I am to have such a close family.
I also wanted to let my in laws know how much I love and care for them. To take me under their wings and accept me back into their family means SO much to me. I know that if I ever needed anything they would be there to help. To my sister in laws who are always making me laugh and treating me like i'm one of their sisters. I've learned a lot from both of them and I'm so appreciative of that.
And last but not least my Heavenly Father and Jesus for letting me have this WONDERFUL life that I have. For throwing me a few *Ok...more than a few* curve balls during my life so I can learn from them and be able to teach others. Without them I wouldn't be as happy as I am today and I wouldn't have my 2nd chance with Jason.
I had to get this all off my chest. I tried to on Sunday but I was so overwhelmed with emotion I couldn't get anything out. I love you all! *HUGS*
11 comments:
Awesome! Made me cry....stinker! Its so great Jason was able to do that! Its also awesome McCoy was blessed with a mowhawk! LOL! Your a lucky girl!
Awesome post sis and what a beautiful testimony. I can't even tell you how proud I am of you. You do have it all, something many people don't ever achieve. I love you lots!
You are beautiful inside and out. I loved reading that, the spirit that you wrote it with really touched me. Congrats on everything... Your beautiful kids and wonderful hubby and all the blessings that are and will continue to pour into your life. You are stronger than you know to have made it through all those twists and turns of life's road. I love you.
Congratulations on the blessing of McCoy and the baptism of Justy. What a special day! Loved your post, it also made me cry. We will see you on Friday!
What an exciting weekend for your family! Aren't 2nd chances the best? Brian gave me one, and I am eternally grateful. McCoy and Justy both look so great dressed in white :
)
Mi hija querida.. mi precioso tesoro, being with you on such a special occassion was the best gift a mother could ever experiance and treasure. You truly amaze me, I knew when they told me I couldn't have more babies *they were wrong*.. and I am so grateful you chose to be mine. Thank you for your precious words and for sharing your sweet feelings with us. I feel so blessed as your mother. I love you so much my Tina... hmmm you know the end of that special name. MUCHOS BESOS... de tu Mami
that's great for you and your family :) good luck with all of the many more good things to come!
What a weekend! That's neat for you. I like how they were both done on the same weekend, that's special. And that picture of Justy holding McCoy is adorable...Good for you.
Love ya!
You are very blessed. You have beautiful children and good husband who loves you very much. I am happy for you and the weekend that you had. Thank-you for letting Troy and I be a part of it.
O how beautiful!! (sniff, sniff) Thank you for sharing your feelings from this special day with me! I am so happy for you! May you continue to enjoy those tender moments with your children because they grow up way too fast. :)
Erica, what a beautiful baby. And I can't believe how old Justy is. Looks like life has been good. I told beth she needs to get a blog so i can see what her to busy bodies are up to, so i will keep working on her. take care
Post a Comment