Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Busy...

So, I guess you could say I've been busy. Or atleast last weekend was super busy and now i'm just so behind and tired that I haven't wanted to do a thing the last few days. I haven't posted a decent blog in quite awhile, so I thought I better. If I don't make sense in this post it's because it's 3:40 AM! I can't sleep. I'm getting pretty used to it, and can't wait to have a baby to wake up to and keep me company instead of silence. Ugh!

This past weekened my Sis, Mom, and Sis in Law threw me a BABY SHOWER! I was very exciting, because I had hardly anything for McKoy. I think I had a pretty good turn out and I got butt loads of clothes, toys, diapers, toiletries, blankies, cute crib bedding, an awesome bassinette that turns into a playpen when i'm done with the bassinette part, etc. Thanks for all the stuff!!! Thank you for throwing me such a fun shower. The food was great and so was the visiting with friends. I hate being the center of attention. Especially when i'm 30 lbs over weight. *lol* But, it's like I said from the VERY beginning...I AM EMBRACING IT! I need to get it in my head that i'm only this fat because I'm carrying this sweet lil' man inside me and he's gonna be one chubby healthy baby. :o) I'm sorry for everyone that I complain to. I promised myself yesterday that i'd quit.





After the shower we cleaned up and packed all the new goodies over to my house. Mom brought David and we all had a BBQ at my place. Monica and I put together skewers with marinated beef, mushrooms, tomatoes, pineapple, onions, and green peppers. Jason was the cook and grilled them outside. We made butt loads. They were yummy and Mom mad her awesome shrimp salad. It was fun to have my family over to eat. Brian and Dad joined us too! A little later Jason's siblings came over and ate too. It was nice to share my home with my family. It's not very often we have shin digs over here, cause we really have no place to sit and eat.

Sunday was a mellow day and we mostly just relaxed. I went over to Dad's and visited with my Sis and Dad for awhile. We went to the nursing home later on and Jason came with and we went and seen his Granny Van, and my Gramps. Grandpa was sleeping, so we didn't get much of a visit in with him. We did have a good time visiting with Jason's Grandma though. That night we had another BBQ at Jamie and Seth's. They built a fire pit in their back yard. Monica joined us and it was fun. The food was great. Seth made us homemade icecream afterwards. So, I guess you could say I ATE A LOT this past weekend. Holy.

Monday morning Justy and I went to the cemetary to watch Dad in the Memorial Day program. It was very good and it brought a tear to my eye. :o( My heart always overflows when I see my dad in uniform representing our country. He did a great job. It poured the whole morning and rained the rest of the day. I think we got over a half inch, which is GREAT! Everything was so green and smelt so good. I love a good rain. Jason stayed home and got the rest of the kids' rooms done. All we have left is carpet and closet doors. Justy is so excited to move into her new room, and I am so anxious to get McKoy's room ready. I will post pictures of them when they are complete.





Well...enough of my rambling. I probably bored the HECK out of you, but atleast I can say i'm caught up.

7 comments:

sweet nectar sara said...

i think you look great, those last weeks it's hard not to be grumpy! good luck and i can't wait to see pictures.

Katherine said...

Ya, it's about time you posted something new! You didn't mention the little "booby" truffles that Monica made! :) I am glad that you invited Seth and Jamie for kabobs because they were at our place longer than she thought they would. I felt bad. You should have posted before pics of the rooms and then the finished pics. You look beautiful in the picture.

All About M.E.('s) said...

I'm sorry I missed it, but it sounds like the shower was a hit! Looks like a fabulous weekend-food, family, and fun-you can't go wrong.

Anushka said...

Oh Tina... it was so much fun and you do look beautiful...you have the precious glow that all women would love to have it forever but we only have that chance when we are pregnant. We truly had a wonderful time, we had tons to eat and I am so grateful I was able to be there with you. Thank you for writing all about it and I am sure anxious to see the basinet and can't wait to hold my new grand babe... oh wow! I love you tons.. and remember *round* just for a short time.. truly enjoy it!... Mamam

Smiley Family said...

Sorry about missing the shower! But I did get to try a "booby" truffle! And I can't wait to see pics of your kids' rooms.

Monica Lifferth said...

Lots of food is right! It was a great weekend and the shower was a hit. Can't wait for my new buddy to arrive!

Jaime And Tyrell said...

Looks Like you made out well at your shower. I'm excited you are getting a boy they are so fun but way more trouble. Good Luck